Hi. My name is Halie. I’m your typical college student, although I like to entertain the notion that I’m a bit more mature than your average teenage girl: I hate Twilight with a vengeance, The Hunger Games is great except for the poorly crafted romantic subplot, and, despite the title of this blog, I am not totally fashion-obsessed. I like style, but that doesn’t make me an idiot, and I don’t like being defined by it. My world doesn’t revolve around clothes, which is why this blog caters to such a wide range of interests, from photography to literature. I like to think of it more of as an inspiration board, a collection of thoughts, ideas, and beautiful things — but all backed by substantive posts. I don’t just post pictures — that sort of behavior is reserved for tumblr. Sometimes the things I talk about are clothes and jewelry, and sometimes they aren’t — and I think that’s okay. (I also really like em dashes if you haven’t noticed by now.)
I’m a bit of a nerd. I pretty much hate summer vacation and get bored without classes. (This is also partially due to the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere, but that’s beside the point.) Anyway, here’s a numbered list with things about me because bloggers seem to like that sort of thing:
- I love politics (and The West Wing).
- I study Arabic.
- I take a lot of pictures, all the while trying to fend off stereotypes of blonde girls running around with expensive DSLRs from Dad. (I’m legit, I promise. I’ve won awards…does that make me, like, professional?)
- Cormac McCarthy is my favorite author. The man’s a genius. My favorite book? Cities of the Plain.
- At least three-quarters of my closet is J. Crew. Deal with it.
- I am quite sarcastic. Not so much on this blog, but certainly in real life. Often I hear, “wait, was that sarcastic or serious?” from my friends, which I’ve discovered is not necessarily a good thing. Just a fair warning to take everything I say here with a grain of salt (for an example, please refer to the parenthetical remarks on item #3).
- I suffer from a mild case of OCD (not really).
- I’m self-confident, and I don’t apologize for it. Sometimes people mistake it for ego, but I respect myself and stand behind my opinions.
- I’m a night owl. I typically stay up until 2am or later, whether because it’s voluntary or because I’ve procrastinated.
- I only take my coffee black.
I hope this has given you a glimpse into who I am, and what inspires this blog. Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions and please do leave your thoughts on my posts. I really do read every comment! Thanks for stopping by.